Passport & Consular Services

Where to Submit the Transit Schengen Visa Application

The location where you need to submit your Transit Schengen Visa application may vary depending on the country you are applying to and your place of residence. In general, there are a few possible options:

Embassy or Consulate: In most cases, you will need to submit your visa application at the embassy or consulate of the Schengen country you plan to transit through. This is typically the case if you are applying from your home country or a country where you have legal residence.

Visa Application Center: Some countries have outsourced their visa application process to external service providers known as Visa Application Centers (VACs). In such cases, you may need to submit your application at the designated VAC instead of the embassy or consulate. These centers are authorized to accept visa applications on behalf of the relevant Schengen country.

Online Application: Certain countries allow online submission of visa applications, either directly through their embassy or consulate’s website or through a dedicated online visa application system. In such cases, you may be required to complete the application form online, upload the required documents electronically, and schedule an appointment for biometric data submission if necessary.

It’s important to consult the website or contact the embassy, consulate, or Visa Application Center of the Schengen country where you plan to transit through to get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the specific location and procedure for submitting your Transit Schengen Visa application. They will be able to provide you with the necessary information and guidance based on your individual circumstances.

Was this article helpful?