Passport & Consular Services

Where to Apply for a Schengen Visa in the US?

In the United States, you can apply for a Schengen Visa at the consulate or embassy of the specific Schengen country that you plan to visit. Each Schengen country has its own consulate or embassy in the US, and you need to apply at the one representing the country you will spend the majority of your time in or the country that is your main destination.

Here are the consulates or embassies of some popular Schengen countries in the US:

France: Consulate General of France, Embassy of France
Germany: Consulate General of Germany, Embassy of Germany
Italy: Consulate General of Italy, Embassy of Italy
Spain: Consulate General of Spain, Embassy of Spain
Netherlands: Consulate General of the Netherlands, Embassy of the Netherlands
Greece: Consulate General of Greece, Embassy of Greece
Sweden: Consulate General of Sweden, Embassy of Sweden
Switzerland: Consulate General of Switzerland, Embassy of Switzerland
You can find the specific consulate or embassy for the Schengen country you plan to visit by visiting their official websites. The websites usually provide detailed information about the visa application process, requirements, and appointment scheduling.

Was this article helpful?