What forms of ID are required for minors traveling on Caribbean Cruises?

When minors are traveling on Caribbean cruises, the specific forms of identification required may vary depending on the cruise line and the specific itinerary. However, here are some common forms of ID that may be required for minors:
1. Passport: A valid passport is generally the most widely accepted form of identification for minors on international cruises. It is recommended for all minors to have a passport regardless of the destination.
2. Birth Certificate: For closed-loop cruises departing and returning to the same U.S. port, some cruise lines may accept an original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate as proof of citizenship and age. This is usually accompanied by additional identification such as a government-issued photo ID.
3. Consent Letter: If a minor is traveling without both parents or legal guardians, it is advisable to carry a notarized consent letter signed by the absent parent(s) granting permission for the child to travel.
4. Government-Issued Photo ID: Depending on the age of the minor, some cruise lines may require a government-issued photo ID, such as a state-issued ID card or a school ID card.

It is important to check the specific requirements of the cruise line you are traveling with and the immigration policies of the countries you will be visiting. Some countries may have additional entry requirements for minors, such as visa requirements or specific documentation for unaccompanied minors

Was this article helpful?